The Career Development Center (CDC), IIT Palakkad welcomes all eligible students to the placement season. We strive to extend all possible support to provide the right career opportunities to our students to fruitfully pursue their career interests.
The CDC endeavors to achieve the best possible placement outcomes. In order to achieve the best possible results for all, IIT Palakkad and recruiting organizations, all students are expected to understand the placement policy and follow it strictly. It may be noted that some policy changes may take place during the year in the best interest of the whole batch.
The placement policy is applicable to all students registered for the campus placements and is to be followed during the entire duration of this placement season.
The Career Development Center only acts as the facilitator in inviting companies to the campus for placements as well as internships. Registration for the campus placement does NOT guarantee placement.
ELIGIBILITY & REGISTRATION
- All B. Tech students seeking employment who meet the minimum CGPA criterion and expect to graduate from the Institute by the end of the academic year may register for campus placements during the month of August.
- A regular student, whose CGPA is 5 and above, can register on the placement portal. However, the CDC has the authority to change the minimum CGPA criterion for placement registration with prior notification. In this case, students who do not meet the amended minimum CGPA criterion will be de-registered from the placement activities.
- Campus placement is a facility provided for the eligible students. Registration is not compulsory. Students not interested in placement are advised not to register for placement in the portal.
- Any queries regarding procedure/rules etc. may be addressed to the CDC through the respective Branch coordinators only.
- Students are advised to read the announcements made, go through the company website and apply only if interested.
- The Resume will be generated only through the CDC Portal (Online) - The details given in the resume have to be genuine and any student found violating this rule will be disqualified from the placement for the rest of the academic year.
- All the details given in the resume will be verified by the academic Section with supporting documents- Non Verified details will be marked by an asterisk symbol in the Resume.
- The students who apply for the initial selection procedure including resume submission/written test/GD/interview etc. have to attend the remaining selection procedure of that company/organization, if they are shortlisted by the organization in the initial selection procedure. If noticed otherwise, the students will not be allowed to take part in further placement activities.
- Students may attend multiple processes during a particular slot if they have not yet been given an offer by a company.
- A company can roll out an offer to a student at any point during his/her interview in a spot offer round. In case the student gets selected in a company/organization, then he/she will be excluded from the procedure of any other company whose process is running in parallel with immediate effect.
- In the event that a regular ‘eligible’ student, who has applied for a company’s job profile, fails to appear for its process, he/she will be de-registered from the placement activities.
- After getting a job offer, if any student decides to withdraw his/her acceptance any time till the conclusion of the academic session (May end), he/she must inform the company and the Career Development Centre with a justifiable reason immediately.
- If a student receives a placement with INR 10 lakh or more as Total CTC, then the student is not eligible for any more job offers. Once a student has been given an offer by a company with 10 lakh or more as Total CTC, he/she will be de-registered from the Placement process irrespective of whether he/she accepts or declines the offer.
- If a student receives a placement with less than INR 10 lakh CTC, then the student has an option to apply for one more job which offers 1.5 times greater CTC than the one already received. The option is strictly for only one more job and the de-registry would be initiated soon after.
- Salary negotiation will be done by the CDC office as per the standards of IIT. The salary details are confidential and should not be disclosed to anyone.
- Honesty, Integrity, and Compliance have to be maintained by the students always.
- Dress Code to be followed whenever they participate in any interaction with a company - Students (girls and boys) must be properly kempt and wear neat business attire.
PUNCTUALITY & DISCIPLINE:
- Latecomers for Aptitude Test/GD/ Interview will not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- Students should maintain discipline and show ethical behavior in every action they take during the placement process. Any student found violating the discipline rules set by the company or defaming the Institute’s name will be disallowed from the placements for the rest of the academic year.
- Students found cheating or misbehaving or violating placement policy in the selection process (Test / GD / Interview) will be disqualified from the placements for the rest of the academic year. Offers will be canceled for the selected students, who default the above discipline.
PRE PLACEMENT /OFF- CAMPUS OFFERS:
- The students must inform the CDC office immediately once they receive the Pre-Placement Offer (PPO)/ Off-Campus Offer.
- Once a student accepts a PPO/Off-Campus, shall be de-registered from placement.
- The students’ acceptance letter of the PPO offer should be only through the CDC office.
Additional Points to Note:
- There may be Pre-Placement Talks (PPTs)/Tests on short notices due to unavoidable circumstances since the companies sometimes come up with a short deadline. Students have to be prepared for such situations. Always keep ready at least three sets of resumes & four copies of the photograph. Do not forget to bring institute I-card at the time of the written test.
- Be ready with all certificates (in original & duplicates) for the curricular and extracurricular activities as mentioned in the CVs.
- Keep checking for emails from CDC and the announcements on the placement portal for the schedule for PPTs/Tests/Interviews and other important information. The venue of PPTs/Written Tests/interviews will be notified to students through above-mentioned sources. It is advised that the students frequently check the portal as well as their email during the placement season.
- Requests for providing printouts & photocopies from will not be entertained as they cause disruption to regular activities.
- Students have to maintain a cordial relationship with the recruiters. Treat recruiters as our guests and any altercation can leave a negative impact.
- Students should not contact the HR personnel of companies directly. All communication with the company should be through the Branch Coordinators or the CDC. Strict action would be taken against any student found contacting the HR without the knowledge of the CDC.